Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No Sparks Email

So many of you know that my infamous "no sparks" email template has become quite popular these past of couple of years. Like most multi-tasking women I thought it was appropriate to conjure up an email template to write to a guy who you just didn't feel "the spark" with after the first date or two. Its just a considerate way to let them down and be honest with yourself. In this day in age of online dating and technology let's be real, we need something like the "no sparks" email, its like our own personal "cheat sheet" for dating! I feel like this should be one of those "modern girls guides to living rules"...# 131 When it doubt type the "no sparks" email out...So I have decided to post my latest and great version of this email for you
Version 1: After a First Date (or could be used after 2-3 dates)
Hey (insert name),
so first and foremost I have to say that I really think honesty is a virtue and I want to be honest with you moving forward because I think its the right thing to do. Although I have had a really great time hanging out with and getting to know you, I would be lying if I didn't say that I feel like there is something amiss, you know "the sparks". I don't believe in playing games or wasting anyones' time so I wanted to come clean with you about this before this progressed any further. Simply put, you deserve the best and all of the sparks this world has to give and so do I....

I am sorry if I led you on in anyway as this was never my intention. I truly wish their was an easier way to put this but I don't think hallmark has made a card for it yet ;P Regardless, I wish you the best in the pursuit of your plus one.

-Insert your Name

Version 2: Dating after 4-5 weeks...

Hey (Insert Guy's Name)
Thanks again for last night you are truly a great guy, and although I did have a good time with you I wanted to come clean and just say that I don't think the spark is there like I thought. I truly apologize if I led you on in any way but know that this was never my intention. At the end of the day I just feel that we are in different places in our lives and want different things. Its neither good nor bad just the reality of the situation. What I can say undeniably is that you're going to make some girl very, very happy someday but I think that day is too far away for me.
I hope we can still be cool if we run into one another - I've definitely had fun with you!

-(Insert Your Name)

Verison 3: After dating for a month or 2....

(Insert Guy's Name)
I wanted to write you this email to clear the air about a few things.....listen our relationship was what it was- a fun, carefree, unexpected series of events, nothing more and nothing less. I am sorry if I have hurt in any way that was never my intention, and honestly I thought things slowly died and all was well.

We are just worlds apart and need to go our separate ways. I wish you all the luck in the world finding your plus one..you deserve the best.
-(Insert Your Name)

Smooches,

Madame K!

1 comment:

  1. hey out of curiosity, do you have one for three years of dating?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete