Monday, March 29, 2010

Decal-La-Pollooza!

I recently moved into this amazing one bedroom apartment that has spured my creativity full on! I wanted to spruce up the walls but did not want to paint them so I found myself doing some decorating research online with different blogs for ideas...everything seemed pretty normal with the wall hangings, shelf displays, yada yada but then I came across an article in Lucky magazine that talked about how the French use of decals for their interior decorating was "all the rage." I figured if the tres chic are French are down I have to give this ganger, resulting in me finding this amazing website Dezign with a Z.

Peach Cherry Blossoms

The Peach Cherry blossoms was an easy pick for my living room...I have a whole jungle theme going on there and I liked how I could customize both the color of the flowers and the branch to my liking. It was also easy to put on the wall even for a larger decal, you simple press down the decal like a sticker on the space you want to stick it, go over the entire decal with a credit card so there are no air pockets and then pull off the clear pastic sheet--Ta Da, you have a fabulous wall display! I must say this one in particular looks like I painted it on the wall.

I also decided to put up a spray of bamboo leaves close to the entrance way of my apartment, it sets the scene for "entering into the jungle" and of course the vibrant pop of color is nice to room that decorated with a chocolate brown accent rug and a large mocha colored selectional.


Then came the item that really sparked this entire endeavor the HUGE RED LIPS or my signature SMOOCHE! I seriously could NOT resist buying this it just SCREAMED Me, Love it when you find things like this in life :) It also goes with my whole martini girl theme in the dining room...I have the smooche placed as an after thought below my martini girl (soon to be girls when I order the other two) and I must say it looks devine :)


The final or I should say first decal that I put up was this one in my bedroom of a jeweled baroque style chandelier..believe-it-or-not I found this at Target randomly, or perhaps it found me! I think the attached jewels could have gone glam or tacky and I am thankful to say they got the "glam" vote from me...I have showed this picture to sooo many people and they think its a really chandelier, how funny!

Not sure if I can attest that I started a fade here or that "decals" are the new "Andy Warhool" must have art, but what I can say is that I love my decals and I am glad I got to try something new out to add that certain "je ne sais quai" that the Diva Den needed..
Smooches,
Madame K

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the decals!!!! LOVE. Were they hard to apply? I'm totally doing this. I had been eyeing a similar cherry blossom decal for when I move into my new abode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah glad I pitch a fabulous idea your way--the Decals do rock and add that certain creative and artistic vibe that I was going for in all of that white wall, its like the wall is my canvass..No they were easy breezy to apply, I mean the larger one I was extra careful as to not stick any of the sides together when I was peeling if off, but besides that is like putting on one of those temporary tattoos (although you don't need water to apply, just be firm when pressing it down and use a credit card or something flat to get the air bubbles out)...

    ReplyDelete