Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Look for Less

OK so you all know I use to be a huge fan of the "Look for Less" on the Style network a few years back and although its sadly gone off-the-air, I figured I would share some of my favorite online "looks for less" with you all for the Spring!

Dresses
Swell is great for the perfect lil sun dress..they feature surfy Cali brands like Billabong, O'Neill, and BB DaKota. I am also a fan of LuLus to find the perfect sassy frock to go from office chic to totally martini-licious! Spoiler Alert, although Modcloth is by far my fav and staple for fresh and fabulous frocks I recently discovered that they hike up the prices a bit on LuLus items, I mean not that much, just a few bucks or so but still why pay extra, ya know?




I call this dress "the Spring Fling" if you can't get a man with this on you better move to another planet :) This dress can be found at LuLus...Don't you just love the dreamy "man-catcher" hair here too (*credit goes to Miss Bare for coining this phrase)?

Icing
Most people agree that icing is the best part of the cake, very much like accessories are the BEST of an outfit in my opinion...if you have a sparse belt, necklace, earrings and scarf collection stock up ladies, little accents can either Make or Break an outfit! One great Internet sensation that is hotter than hot is Etsy, specifically their spotlight blog. They have really great and unique homemade and one-of-kind pieces which add a nice touch to make you stand out in a crowd.

I really enjoyed this particular blog entry with drawings that spotlighting the pieces, it made the whole look come alive!




If you are like me too you don't want to pay an arm and leg for a colorful or trendy piece of cocktail jewelry that you are Jonesing for,I suggest turning to Sam Moon Trading. Honestly the prices are crazy cheap, necklace and earring sets as low as $7, and they have alot of trendy pieces on this site to choose from.

I liked this sliver set below, the mingling of the of delicate sliver chains with the large circles in the middle gave it this simple but "fluid" feel to it.







If you have time and feel like taking a local field trip I am a huge fan of Eastern Market! Its set up like an outdoor flea market and there are wonderful vendors there with all kinds of antique and vintage jewelry to dig through--especially if you like to barter :)

Just the other week I found the most amazing vintage dress doll to display my jewelry on-in one word INCREDIBLE! Its amazing too that I am now able to display all my accessories, even the bracelets at the bottom. I can also clip almost anything on her since she has a wired frame not to mention and how unique and fun this piece is-Welcome to my Boutique!


Currently in love with the throw back vintage look of the 30s and 40s I found my cravings fulfilled at Unique Vintage...I was even able to find a pair of long elbow length black stain gloves that I have been searching high and low to find, I feel so Madmen when I wear these with a little black dress and pearls!

So the moral of the story is that you don't have to pay more to look amazing, doing your style research and investing time in searching for bargain websites (or going on field trips) will do wonders both on your wardrobe and budget....not a sermon just the facts!


Smooches,


Madame K


















No comments:

Post a Comment