Monday, March 29, 2010

Style File Picks March...

Like most fun, fearless, and fabulous women out there I have what Stacy and Clinton from "What Not To Wear" would 100% approve of, a larger that life style file. My file is chalked full of amazing outfits, jewerly, shoes, etc. that I find in magazines, hear about on tv or just experience live while out and about. I figured I would take time here on my blog to post up some of my fabulous finds since I seemed to have become a point person for finding the perfect look for friends and family.

On one my adventures home to PA I found this amazing modern yet vampy wedding dress at Prisilla of Boston that I went ga-ga for...everything about this look enticed me, the cinched waist, dramatic ruffling and also the simplicity of the cut at the bottom. I also liked how they made it a bit throw-back with the three stringed pearls and jeweled necklace..it was so vintagy it whisked you off the land of the Great Gatsby--take me away (a girl can wish can't she?)


Next up on the fab list are these AMAZING flower endorned shoes that cough, cough I get to wear as a bridesmaid to a wedding--and YES Jenny might be the MOST AMAZING and fashion forward bride I know, but seriously people these shoes are a dream come true! I want them in every color, particulary the fuschia ones (so va-va-voom), and to boot they are comfy. Granted I have only strutted around in my apt with them and they have been dance tested but so far so good..Also to plug Zappos here I ordered them and literally got them in 24 hours, it was amazing service, that is hands-down my favorite on-line shoe store!



Lately I have been letting my locks grow and have been at amiss on how to wear my hair...that is when my super stylish and long and curly haired lil sis comes to the resue. While home a month ago she suggested that I try a trendy loose braid in the front of my head as to frame my face and just overall "soften" my look. Apparently I am "too DC or corporate" with the super straight bob look, ha, but I didn't want to go my sister's route of entire Brooklyn fashionista so this braid worked for me. Cheryl twisted it up in two seconds and secured it with a few bobby pins (I don't think that girl leaves home without them) and then also just blended into my hair. I haven't been able to recreate it exactly the way she did but then again I am not use to braiding my own hair...I never masted doing a French braid to my hair in Girl Scout's so I am blaming in on that..needless to say those in need of new long locks idea I would say give this one a whirl..















I lastly though it neccessary to end this post on a hot note...which is exactly what I got when I discovered this "Jump Up and Kiss Me" hot sauce. Not a surprise I was attracted to this particular hot sauce becuase of its smoochtastic label display, but I got to be honest that make a great passion fruit hot sauce flavor that is incredible on fish tacos! I am usually totally intimidated by all of the hot sauce choices at California Tortilla but this is now going to be my staple...






















Until next month's style file keep your pumps HIGH and your pout GLOSSY ladies :)

Smooches,
Madame K

No comments:

Post a Comment